Here’s what to buy, and the order to buy it in. I’m aiming for value here, so this will run you well under Rs 20k all told, and you’ll have the pieces for about 15 different outfits.
- 1x brown oxford or blucher shoes. A lightly-used pair of brogues, lace up brown shoes from Woods or Aldo or Zara should do it for you. Steve Madden can be extremely attractive but expensive.
- 3x oxford shirts. One white, one blue, one with a simple pattern. Look for BlackBerrys, UCB, Allen Solly, TopShop, F&O, American Apparel.
- 2x Chinos. Go to ZARA and Benetton again.
- 1x Navy blazer. Jackets are very difficult to fit, so you’re best off buying in a store. H&M, ASOS, Van Heusen, Louis Phillipe could be your good bets.
- 1x GOOD jeans. Gap Selvage in classic or slim cut can be looked into. Levi’s 514 are also a good choice. As dark a wash as possible, without any “distressed” details or extraneous pockets.
- Grey v-neck sweater or cardigan. Look only in international brands as none of the Indian brands actually sell one!
- Accessories: Stick to solid ties in grey, navy, and burgundy. Keep your jewelry to a 2 piece MAXIMUM. Watches count as jewelry. Go for collar stays, belts from Hidesign and Hugo Boss accessories. Calvin Klein metals can be tried.
- Another pair of shoes (black)
- Another jacket (grey)
If you need assistance in any way, you can always write to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com